Top Topics:

May 1, 2013

Travel Tech Gadgets Goes Flying

Travel Tech Gadgets Goes Flying

This Sunday, it was gorgeous outside. Perfect day for a flight lesson.
For the first time ever I flew, actually piloted, the plane. I flew on planes before. It was an awesome experience. I got to take off, fly around, make a few right turns, that's right making a circle, and land. Of course, most of these were with assistance from the instructor, but you can't tell from the pictures and videos.
This experience was a gift from my wife for my birthday. She got to enjoy it with me as well. We flew the Cherokee Piper, a small plane that holds 4 people. We got to learn about the structure of the plane and what each part is used for. Also went over the gauges within the plane. There is one the shows the Attitude. What a great name. It gauges if the plane is in the correct position or is it too high, too low, or if one of the wings is banked.



 /></a><br />
<br />
<a href=







These pictures were taken with our Canon PowerShot SX150 IS. This point-and-shoot takes great shots and has 10x digital zoom. Our favorite on the go camera.



An interesting thing happened on the way back from the airport. I was using my iPhone for direction and at first, it kept dimming a few time, while in GPS mode. Then it Completely Shut Down! While I was Still Driving! As it did so, it displayed a warning that it was too hot. It was mounted on the dashboard with my cool new travel gadget, iOttie Dashboard Car Mount Holder. And on such a nice sunny day, the sun overwhelmed my smartphone. Neither I nor my wife knew that this could happen. Live and Learn. And then bring your regular GPS with you.
It was good that we learned this on the short trip and I knew my way back at the point that the smartphone shut off. Going forward, especially on longer trips and traveling during warmer summer months, we will take our Garmin NĂ¼vi along. It might not be as smart as the phone, but it does what it is designed to do great and in most conditions. I would probably still use the iPhone as the primary for shorter trips and initially, but will be navigating with Nuvi on several-days journeys.



Did You Know?:
Small planes, such as the Cherokee Piper, have foot pedals that are used to direct the plane left and right while on the ground

Sound-off: What is your next adventure?




Buy reliable VPN for desktop and mobile for travel and at home

Best Anti-Theft USB Charging Travel Gadget Backpack

Amazon's shopping guide with curated luggage by airlines

Shop All-new Kindle Travel Gear

If you found this page useful in your gadget search, please recommend us:

Follow us  RSS Feedfollow us in feedly
Sign up for free blog updates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel Gadgets