Top Topics:

Dec 21, 2011

How to make good use of your car's unused plug

I have been looking to make the cigarette lighter in the car more useful. I have no use for it for its original indication.

Up until recently it only has been used to plug in the charging cable from the GPS. And once in a rare while to charge a phone. However, it did not seem enough. With more and more of today's gadgets using a variation of USB connections, the large plug is becoming outdated.

This is where my newest gadget comes in, the dual USB plug. The one I recently purchased and is already in the car's secondary cigarette lighter is Anker 24W Dual USB Car Charger PowerDrive. When I first find out about such a cool and useful gadget, I started my search for the best one available and a good price.

There were quite a few models listed on Amazon.com. Though after doing some comparisons two models stood out. They were similar in price, and most of the features. And at first glance, I could not pick between the two. But then I read more into their features. What separated the Anker USB charger for me from other dual USB car chargers was that it has twice as much juice as the competitor. I thought it was too good to be true, so I did some more digging and it was correct. This unit has 5 volts @ 1 amp per plug, while the other one offered 500 mA of power per each. More power to quickly charge my travel gadgets, yes, please. It also has built-in SmartFuse for circuit protection to keep the devices safe.


The car charger plug fits snugly into the outlet, not sticking out at all, and converts it into a quick charging USB port. Great for plugging in just about any gadget that you would take a long on a trip, be it a phone, tablet, or game that come with the USB adapters.

Why good to have on a trip:
- Charge several devices at once
- With 1 amp power per USB port, it has plenty of juice to charge most devices
- Works with iPod, iPhone, BlackBerry, cellular phones, MP3 players, PDAs and more
- Built-in SmartFuse for circuit protection
- Use your existing USB charging cables to charge most USB powered devices
- Space-saving design fits two USB ports into a compact device

Did You Know?:
Circuit protection devices are used to protect connectors from being damaged by the excess current caused by an overcurrent or short-circuit.

What do you think? Leave a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel Gadgets